Reel Musiqa Short Contest
February 15, 2019, 11:59pm
Musiqa’s upcoming concert “Reel Forces” will present a collection of projected film and live music! The program includes Marcus Maroney’s “Scherzo: How a Mosquito Operates,” Florent Ghys’s “Etude for 11 Faces,” and Bill Morrison and Aleksandra Vrebalov’s “Beyond Zero: 1914-1918.”
Musiqa invites you to submit a short film to accompany “Soundtrack in Search of a Film,” composed and performed by Craig Hauschildt.
“Soundtrack in Search of a Film” by Craig Hauschildt
- Upload your film to YouTube or Vimeo and complete the submission form.
- Musiqa will upload finalist films to its Facebook page. Share the video with your friends and get them to “like” and comment. We’ll take social media engagement into account in our judging process.
- Musiqa’s Artistic Board and staff will judge each video based on creativity, content, and use of the Soundtrack in the film.
- The two judging methods will be amalgamated to produce the winners!
- The winning film(s) will be screened at “Reel Forces.”
- Film must use at least a portion (20+ seconds) of the Soundtrack.
- Films may NOT use any commercial music; royalty-free or user-created sounds are permissible.
- Film must be NO MORE than 5 minutes long, including titles.
- Any audio, including Soundtrack and other sounds, must be included in stereo format with the film.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The winning film(s) will be screened during “Reel Forces”, February 22, 2019, at the Midtown Arts & Theater Center Houston .
- A sample clip of your film/video may be utilized for promotional purposes (up to 30 seconds in length) on social media and newsletter posts.
- You permit Musiqa to use your name and stills from your film/video for promotional purposes.
- You have the option to give permission for your film to be included in Musiqa’s film library to be screened in the future. Filmmakers are always contacted prior to any additional screening.
- You allow Musiqa to tag you on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).