November 14 – 29, 2020
This fall Musiqa begins its 2020-2021 season with the world premiere of a new work celebrating the human fascination with the night sky and the universe. Composer Trevor Weston’s “Stars” utilizes stellar seismology research recordings to create a new interpretation of the “music of the spheres.” The text will be drawn from the poem of the same name by Robert Hayden, the first African-American writer to hold the office of Consultant in Poetry to the Library of Congress (since renamed U.S. Poet Laureate.) Musiqa will also proudly present the premiere of a new work by poet Donika Kelly.
5:00-Midnight Central Time
Noon-Midnight Central Time
- Saturday, November 14: 5:00 pm till midnight (CT)
- Sunday, November 15: noon till midnight (CT)
- Saturday, November 21: 5:00 pm till midnight (CT)
- Sunday, November 22: noon till midnight (CT)
- Saturday, November 28: 5:00 pm till midnight (CT)
- Sunday, November 29: noon till midnight (CT)
The suggested ticket price is $25, but all tickets will be Pay-What-You-Can: patrons are encouraged to support this new work to the best of their ability, but not let finances stand in the way of joining us.